Friday, December 5, 2008

The Best Part of Being a Daddy

Emerson & Mommy spent last Friday through Tuesday in Denver visiting family. Through daily phone calls I was able to catch up on what they had been doing (which included a flu like sickness for little Emerson) and was occasionally able to hear Em say things like "Hi Daddy".
It wasn't until I picked them up from the airport on Tuesday that I realized why being a Dad is such a great responsibility. Mommy had already gathered all of their belongings from the carousel and they were waiting on me to arrive to help transport everything back to the car. As I
got about 15 feet away from them, Emerson noticed me and with a huge smile yelled "I found a Daddy!"
Times like that tend to make you forget about 2AM feedings and nasty diapers.

No comments: